Bowers & Wilkins Group – What have we been up to
We are now at the time of year when many businesses are winding down for the festive season,but not at B&W Group!
We are still receiving plenty of exciting news from your markets, often and gladly.
New Zhuhai Factory
Kicking things off in a big way was the grand opening of the new Bowers & Wilkins factory in Zhuhai at the end of November. An opening ceremony was held in celebration of this huge project being completed. Thank you to the whole team for your efforts in getting the factory up and running for 2017, which will no doubt be a very exciting year!
You can see photography from the ceremony here.
Bowers & Wilkins USA at TEDxCambridge
Bowers & Wilkins exhibited at TEDxCambridge. It was a sold out event at the Boston Opera House. 90 minutes before showtime, doors opened for the Technology Exhibition. Other exhibitors were Volvo, Formlabs, and Bunditz Bicycles.
- Volvo showcased the XC90 and S90 where guests could sit inside and experience the sound system
- Formlabs, a Boston-based 3D printer manufacturer, showed off their new desktop 3D printer while live-printing parts of a 600 Series tweeter. They also printed miniature 800 D3s to show the detail capabilities of the printer.
- Patrick Butler manned our 800 Series technology table where he gave short talks about the tech/design/materials of D3 – this was really well received by the MIT/Harvard affiliated crowd
- Headphones and WMS were available for demo and staffed by our marketing team
- John Newton (Grammy winner and frequent nominee) of Soundmirror was our special guest who conversed with visitors about using our speakers in a professional recording/mastering environment
- Our Listening Lounge allowed guests the opportunity to hear 803 D3 powered by Sigma 2200i
- We provided the soundtrack in the ballroom foyer of the Ritz Carlton during the VIP after-party for 300 guests (802 D3 + Sigma 2200i).
You can see photography from the event here.
All I want for Christmas is B&W?
We always enjoy spreading a little festive cheer at this time of year, especially when it is Bowers & Wilkins related! You don’t get far into December without hearing the Mariah classic, but here we bring you a little twist. A beautiful version of the time-honoured tune by Helene Fischer, a platinum selling artist across Germany and the Globe, with a video to match, featuring Helene wearing our very own P7’s.
Thanks to Ulf Soldan for organising.
You can watch the full video here